Sheikh Dr. Ayman az-Zawahiri – Testimonial to Preserve the Blood of Mujahideen in as-Sham
كلمة هامه جداً # السحاب [ شهادة
لحقن دماء المجاهدين بالشام - للشيخ أيمن الظواهري حفظه
The communiqués items below was published by
Al-Qaeda's As-Sahab Media has released an audio from
leader Sheikh Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri titled
"Testimonial to Preserve the Blood of Mujahideen in
The latest Sheikh Dr. al-Zawahiri message is a
response to questions from our dear and beloved
brother and Mujahid ideologue Sheikh Dr. Hani al-Siba'i,
which he presented over his radio show.
Sheikh Zawahiri: "declaring The ISIL
was a clear violation of Qaida't al-Jihad leadership
orders…to not announce an official presence in Syria."
Sheikh Zawahiri indicates that
Sheikh Usama bin Laden (OBL) wasn't pleased with
declaring a "State/Emirate" in Iraq, adding that bin
Laden "was not consulted."
Sheikh Zawahiri: though wasn't
consulted, Al-Qaedah (AQ) recognized ISI (Iraq) when
it "didn't threaten with shedding blood" if allegiance
wasn't given to it.
Sheikh Zawahiri: the late Sheikh Abu
Yehya al-Liby (r.a) reiterated bin Laden's displeasure
"to brothers in Iraq and I reiterated it to Shaykh
Sheikh Zawahiri to Sheikh Abu Bakr
Baghdadi: reminder & advice to Sheikh Baghdadi and
those with him, return to obey your Amirs who preceded
you on path of jihad.
This translation was provided by Markaz al-Sham:
Testimony of Sheikh Dr. Zawahiri in regards to ISIS.
"A Testimony to save/preserve Blood of the Mujahideen
1. I had decided to suffice with the words I testified
with in regards to the Fitnah between the Mujahideen
2. This until I heard the appeal
from the brother, Abu Karim (Shaykh Dr. Hani al-Siba'i)
so I decided after consultation and Istikhara to
return to this subject.
3. Especially in regards to the
questions he posed in his talk on the 25th of Jamadi
al-Awal (March), Year 1435 through al-Maqrizi Radio.
4. I have returned to this subject
for two reasons. The first reason is what the dear
brother reminded of that it might extinguish the
5. And another reason was due to a
request of another brother. I will divide this talk
into a testimony + order + appeal + advice.
6. As for the testimony, it's about
ISI and it's leader, the Venerable Shaykh Abu Bakr
al-Baghdadi May Allah preserve him and their
connection to Al-Qaedah (Q).
7. This is my testimony which I
swear onto God with that the Islamic State of Iraq was
a branch of the al-Qaeda organisation and details:
8. A] When ISI was announced, the
leadership of Al-Qaedah Central (AQC) under Shaykh
Osama was not asked for permission, consulted, or even
made aware of it!
9. Shaykh Abu Hamza al-Muhajir sent
a letter to the central leadership justifying the
creation of a state and that its allegiance was to AQC.
10. And that the brothers in their
Shura took on oath on Abu Omar al-Baghdadi that his
leader is Al-Qaedah Osama bin Laden (OBL) and that ISI
is part of AQ.
11. And the brothers decided to work
like this but not announce it publicly due to certain
political aspects as they saw it.
12. B] The brothers in the
leadership of AQ and ISI used to work on the basis
that ISI was a part of AQC and some of the examples on
13. = The message found in Abottobad
(SOCOM-2012-0000011 Orig) and this message was from
Atiyah to Mustafa Abul-Yazid.
14. In it Shaykh Attiyah mentions
that they have to send firm guidelines to al-Karoumi
(and he means Abu Hamza al-Muhajir) for fear of
falling into political mistakes.
15. = When Abu Bakr took over
control of ISI, Shaykh Attiyah sent a letter to ISI
leadership in Jamadi al-Awal, 1431 saying:
16. We suggest the brothers in the
leadership that they appoint a temporary leader until
consultation is over.
17. It's best to stall appointing a
new leader until you send us the proposed names, with
their biographies and qualifications.
18. We will send this to Usamah bin
19. C] Usamah sent a letter to
Attiyah in Rajab, 1431 saying:
20: "We would like if you could
provide us sufficient information about brother Abu
Bakr al-Baghdadi and his second in command -
21. Abu Sulayman Nasr liDin Allah
and it's better if you ask about them from several
sources from the brothers that you trust there.
22. So that the situation becomes
clearer to us." And this is also another document
found in Usamah's house [SOCOM-2012-0000019 Orig]
23. D] Attiyah replied in a letter
from Sha'ban, year 1431. Saying: "We will request the
information and get a clearer picture."
24. E] Attiyah sent a letter to the
Media Ministry of ISI in Shawal, 1431 saying:
25. "The Shaykhs are requesting a
biography on the new leaders, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi,
his second in command and his Minister of War.
26. And if you wish leaders other
than them, and you can tell the leaders about this and
they can write it themselves if they want it."
27. F] a Shura member of ISIS
replied in in Dhil-Qi'dah, the year 1431 saying:
28. "Dear brother, your message has
arrived as well as another message with guidelines
from the Shaykhs –
29. About the State here and
stalling a new leader, but we received it after
announcing the new leadership.
30. And we always took care of
letting the Shaykhs know about the reality of the
31. We are letting you know O our
Shaykhs and WULAAT AL-AMR that YOUR STATE in Iraq is
fine and firm.
32. Our esteemed Shaykhs, after the
killing of the two Shaykhs (Abu Omar and Abu Hamza)
the Majlis Shura tried delaying appointing a new
33. Until an ORDER FROM YOU would
come after securing communication, but we could not
wait any longer for several reasons.
34. Main reason being us being
watched by the enemies from the inside and outside.
35. The brothers here and Abu Bakr
and the Majlis Shura have no problem that this
leadership (Abu Bakrs) is TEMPORARY.
36. And if anyone is sent from you,
and you find that it will ensure the Maslaha for him
to take over the leadership.
37. Then we have no problem with
that and we will be HIS SOLDIERS, and this is agreed
upon by Abu Bakr and the Majlis Shura.
38. G] After the death of Shaykh
Usamah bin Laden, the venerable Shaykh Abu Bakr said:
39. "I am sure that the Martyrdom of
the Shaykh will not increase us except in
steadfastness and I say to the brothers in AQ.
40. And at their front, Shaykh Ayman,
and the his brothers in the leadership of AQ, May
Allah reward you…
41. And march forward and glad
tidings for YOU HAVE LOYAL MEN in ISI, who will not
quite or soften.
42. H] After this a communication
representative in ISI sent a letter to Attiyah in
Jamadi al-Thaniyah, Year 1432. Saying:
43. "Our Shaykh would like to ensure
you that the situation here is getting better,
44. And he asks what's more
appropriate in your eyes with the announcement of the
new leader of the AQ organisation.
45. DO WE RENEW THE BAYAH/PLEDGE IN
PUBLIC OR IN SECRET AS IT WAS DONE BEFORE.
46. And we would like you to know
that the brothers here are arrows in your quiver.
47. I] After I took command after
OBL, Shaykh Abu Bakr referred to me as his Amir even
in the last letter, in Jamadi Awal, year 1434.
48. Which he started with: "To OUR
LEADER and esteemed Shaykh."
49. And he also said:
50. "News just reached to me that
Jawlani made Bayah to you directly, and this is
something he was planning..
51. to fortify himself and those who
are with him from the consequences of the calamities
52. And I and those with me in Sham
see that our SHAYKHS in Khorasan should have a clear
53. To stop this conspiracy before
blood streams and we become a reason for another
grieve for our Nation.
54. And we see that any support to
what this traitor has done or even hinting support
will cause great Fitnah.
55. And will waste the project for
which Muslims shed blood and delaying the right
56. …will lead to the splitting of
ranks of the Muslims and will lower the status of the
57. Which will have no cure except
THE SPILLING OF MORE BLOOD."
58. J] Like wise Shaykh Abu Muhammad
al-Adnani sent a letter, in Jamadi al-Awal, year 1434.
59. Which was a Pardon to God, then
to the Nation, then to HIS LEADERS "Shaykh Dr. Ayman
Zawahiri and THEN to Shaykh Dr. Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi."
60. K] Shaykh Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
sent a letter in Ramadan, 1434 to one of the officials
of al-Qaeda stating:
61. "We have studied the message of
Shaykh Zawahiri in three stages: *Consultation with
leaders of ISIS in Sham.
62. *Consultation with leaders of
governorates of Syria who are members of our Majlis
63. *Studying the message from a
Shar'i perspective in our Sharia Committee.
64. So we decided to stay after it
was clear that OBEYING OUR LEADER would be disobeying
God and destruction for our Mujahidin.
65. Especially the Muhajireen, so we
sought the pleasure of our Lord over the pleasure of
66. And it's not said he who
DISOBEYS A COMMAND OF A LEADER in which he sees
destruction for the Mujahideen…
67. or a sin to God that he has
forsaken good manners."
68. I will suffice with these
69. As for the question about the nature of my verdict
in this issue, was it an order from a commander to his
70. Or was it a verdict from a
Judge, which I clarified in details in a letter to the
brothers in the State in Shawal 28, year 1434.
71. In which I confirmed that this
verdict was from a leader about a problem between his
soldiers and not a verdict from a judge.
72. And another question which is
asked, why did al-Qaeda praise ISI and be satisfied
with it but not with ISIS?
73 The answer, that even though the
leadership was not aware of their descision, we
decided to accept if for several reasons such as:
74. A] That the State was not
established on grounds of Fitnah in which they
threatened that they fear spilling of blood if we
75. B] That ISI was established by a
Shura of Mujahideen and tribes of Ahl al-Sunnah as was
told to us by Abu Hamzaal-Muhajir.
76. And he is someone we trust due
to having known him for a long time, and that he tried
his best to contact other groups to join them.
77. As for ISIS they only consulted
themselves and this while Nusra says they were not
78. C] Announcing a State was
against the orders of the leadership of al-Qaeda who
ordered to hide AQ presence in Syria.
79. Rather the guidelines of the
group is to not announce Emirates/States in this
78. Which was explained in detail by
Shaykh Usamah in a letter to Shaykh Attiyah which was
found with him. SOCOM-2012-0000019 Orig
79. And Abu Yahya reminded the
brothers in the State and I reminded them again in a
letter to Abu Bakr in Jamadi, year 1435.
80. In it I said: "If you had asked
our opinion before announcing the state, we would not
81. We and our brothers here see
that the announcement will bring more damage than
82. As the elements of a State are
until now, not available in Syria."
83. D] The announcement of the state
caused a political crises for the people of Sham.
84. When America put Nusra in a
terror list the people of Syria came out in
demonstrations in support of Nusra.
85. But then they started to
denounce this announcement which the leaders of ISIS
gave to Assad on a golden plate.
86. And this announcement provoked
the other Jihadi groups who felt that ISIS was trying
to impose themselves on them.
87. E] The announcement caused a
sharp split within the same group which led to
88. And Abu Bakr himself threatened
that any support towards Nusra or delaying what he
sees to be the "Right position".
89. "Will lead to a stream of
blood." Which indeed has happened.
90. F] And blood is still being
spilt and if ISIS accepted the decision to end the
91. Which sought to stop bloodshed
of Mujahideen and avoiding the Fitnah, and to focus on
92. Which needs a lot more of their
efforts if they accepted this and had Shura…
93. And had Sam' & Ta'ah (obedience)
to their leader and did not rebel on their
94. Then I think they would have
avoided this blood stream and would have caused havoc
against the Rafidhi regime.
95. And would have supported Ahl al-Sunnah
in Iraq ten times more, and Alhamdulillah in any case.
96. This was my Testimony which I
will now follow with an order and an appeal.
97. As for the order, it is for
Shaykh al-Fatih al-Jawlani and his brothers in Nusra.
98. And the appeal is for all the
Mujahiden in Sham that they stop immediately with
fighting in which..
99. ..there is aggression against
the souls of their brothers and all Muslims and they
focus on the Bathist Nusayris and Rawafidh.
100. I also request that everyone
stops accusing each other and name calling each other
and that everyone accepts an independent court for the
issues that happened between them.
101. And causing Fitnah between the
Mujahideen in the media and social media (Twitter) and
that they are keys for good and closers of evil.
102. And I will end with a reminder
103. This is for ALL the Mujahideen
in Sham, that you stop shedding of Haram Muslim blood.
104. Enough with the killing of
leaders of Jihad and their Shaykhs.
105. For ALL of your blood is dear
to us and we hoped it would be shed in support of
106. And a reminder and advice for
the venerable Shaykh Abu Bakr and who ever is with
107. Come back to the Sam' wa Ta'ah
(hearing & obedience) to your leaders.
108. Come back to what your Shaykhs
and leaders worked for and preceded you in it.
109. Focus on Iraq, who needs more
effort, empty yourself for it even if you see
yourselves as wronged!
110. To stop this massacre and to
focus on the enemies of Islam and the Sunnis in Iraq.
111. Answer my call to stop the
Muslim blood from flowing and unite the ranks of the
Muslims against their enemy.
112. And even if you consider it
Dhulm (oppression). And a reminder and advice
specially for Shaykh Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
113. Follow the footsteps of your
ancestor al-Hassan who wavered his right to the
Khilaafah to safe Muslim blood.
114. In which the Bushra came to
fruit of the his grandfather and your grandfather the
Prophet peace be upon him said:
115. "My son is a Sayyid who Allah
might use to make peace between two great groups of
116. Is this glad tidings not
enough?? Does it not make you happy to make a decision
which Allah will raise you higher in Dunya and Akhirah
117. And you will repel the enemies
of Islam in iraq who need more help, and you will
extinguish the Fitnah and return love and brotherhood.
118. Put your faith in god and make
this decision and you will find all of the Mujahideen
and their supporters a source of help for you.
119. O venerable Shaykh, follow your
ancestor and be the best successor for the best
predecessor and you will win in Dunya and Akhira