A Ramadhan Checklist
Ask Allah to enable you to reach Ramadan and to get the most out of it as the
Salaf used to do.
2. Intend to fast every day with Iman and pure intention seeking the reward
from Allah alone. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "Whoever fasts in
Ramadan with Iman and seeking reward (from Allah) his past sins will be
3. Read the whole Qur'an at least once as the Prophet peace be upon him did.
4. Have Suhoor as the Prophet peace be upon him said, "Have Suhoor because it
5. Make Du'a during the fast because the Prophet peace be upon him said that
three people's supplication is not rejected one of them is the fasting person.
Ask for the good of this life and the next for yourself, your family and
Muslims in general.
6. Make Dua before opening the fast. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "The
fasting person has a supplication that is answered when he opens his fast".
7. Give Sadaqah and be good to people. The Prophet peace be upon him was the
most generous of people and he was most generous in Ramadan.
8. Avoid anything that diminishes the fast such as, lying, backbiting,
cheating, getting angry. The Prophet peace be upon him said "Whoever does not
give up false statements (i.e. telling lies), and evil deeds, and speaking bad
words to others, Allah is not in need of his (fasting) leaving his food and
drink." [Bukhari] 9. Do not eat too much after Iftar.
10. Ask for forgiveness since this is the month Allah frees people from the
11. Pray At-Tarawih with Khushoo. If you pray in the Masjid complete the Salah
with the Imam. If you pray at home prolong the Salah as long as you can. The
Prophet peace be upon him said, "Whoever prays during Ramadan with Iman and
seeking reward (from Allah) his past sins will be forgiven".
12. Feed the poor and invite others for Iftar. The Prophet peace be upon him
said, "Whoever gives Iftar to someone fasting he will have the same reward
without decreasing the reward of the person fasting".
13. Try harder the last ten nights especially the odd nights. The prophet
would strive in Ramadan more than he would in any other month and more so in
the last ten days.
14. Say this Dua in the nights that Laitul-Qadr is likely to fall on: Allhumma
innaka afuwun tuhibbul-afwa fa'fu anni (O Allah you are Forgiving and love
forgiveness so forgive me).
15. Ask Allah to accept all your good actions during this month.
By Abu Talha