The Third Testimony: Jabhat an-Nusra Reacts on ISIS spokesman al-'Adnani (Part III) – Shaykh Faruq Abu Hamam as-Suri

April 2014

The third testimony by one of Jabhat an-Nusra's senior members. Abū Firās as-Sūrī


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Al-Baseera Media Productions Presents English Translation & Transcript of:

"Silsalah al-Shahada: Chain of Testimonies"

Shaykh Abu Firas al-Suri
May Allah Preserve Him

قُلْ هَٰذِهِ سَبِيلِي أَدْعُو إِلَى اللَّهِ ۚ عَلَىٰ بَصِيرَةٍ أَنَا وَمَنِ اتَّبَعَنِي ۖ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَمَا أَنَا مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ

{Say: "This is my way; I invite to Allah with insight, I and those who follow me. And exalted is Allah; and I am not of those who associate others with Him."}
[Qur'an; 12:108]

Important points mentioned by the Shaykh in his testimony:

• His witness on Jama'at al-Dawla breaking their words, promises and treaties.

• His witness that Jama'at al-Dawla removed troops from Ribaat against the Regime to fight other Muslim groups elsewhere, or left lines undefended knowingly risking the safety of the Muslims.

• His witness thatJama'at al-Dawla resisted efforts at mediation and reconciliation, or to settle affairs in Islamic Court and instead insisted on fighting despite loss of Muslim blood, on all sides.

[Video available upon request]

[Footage of Al-Farouq Special Forces Training Camp Qandahar available upon request]

Nasheed: Oh Allah I ask You; You are the helper, and You are the shelter to the believers, here we are coming back to the pure spring here we are coming back we left our normal life we left the rest and comfort our marinate are on the face of the sun the field is full of flags and gatherings the voice in the field is a voice of lions hurricane and thunders declaring in every universe, Khiber Khiber ,Yah Yahud ,the army of Muhammad will come back.

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Farouq Abu Hamam al-Suri:

Shaykh Abu Hamam al-Suri also known as Farouq al-Suri travelled to Afghanistan in the nineties, between the years 1998-1999 he joined the Al-Ghuraba training camp of Shaykh Abu Musa'ab al-Suri for a year before moving on to Qandahar's famous Al-Farouq training camp, also known as "the airport camp" which wasused to train the Special Forces of the Afghan Mujahideen. Shaykh Abu Hamam graduated from Al-Farouq among the best students, coming in second only after Abu al-Abas al-Zhrani, who was one of the heroes of the blessed raids of 9/11.

Following his graduation he was thereafter assigned as an Amir over the region of the Qandahar Airport by Shaykh Sayf al-Adl, from Tandheem Qaidat al-Jihad's Majlis Shura. Shaykh Abu Hamam also worked as a trainer in Al-Farouq camp, where he gave Baya'a to Shaykh Osama bin Laden by shaking hands with the Shaykh may Allah have Mercy on him and accept him.

Shaykh Abu Hamam was made responsible for the Muhajireen from Sham in Afghanistan and was the one who watched after their affairs in Khorasan. He participated in most of the battles which occurred and took place after the Crusader's invasion of Afghanistan.

He was with Shaykh Sayf al-Adl until Shaykh Mustafa Abu al-Yazid ordered him to work in Iraq before the fall of Baghdad, where he stayed for about four months, as an official representative of Tandheem Qaidat al-Jihad from the leadership in Khorasan.

During that period, he met Shaykh Abu Musa'ab al-Zarqawi, and Shaykh and Abu Hamza al-Muhajir, may Allah have Mercy on and accept them both. While in Iraq, the Iraqi intelligence arrested him and handed him to the Syrians who later released him as nothing was affirmed against him.

After the beginning of Jihad in Iraq, he was assigned as the military leader in the office of Mujahideen services, Abu Musaa'b al-Zarqawi used to send his Amirs to receive training from Shaykh Abu Hamam before returning to him.

After the beginning of the brutal campaign of arrests in Syria in 2005 at the hands of the Nusayris, he went to Lebanon, then to Afghanistan per the order of the mashayekh there. He was ordered by Shaykh Atiyat Allah, who was responsible for all foreign operations then, to work inside Syria and directly report to Al-Qaeda.
He was arrested in Lebanon and jailed for five years. After he was released, he joined Qaedatul Jihad in Al-Shaam, Jabhat al-Nusra. He now holds the position of the Military Commander of Jabhat al-Nusra. May Allah aid him.

[Beginning of Testimony (video available upon request]

In the name of Allah, and may Peace and Blessing be upon the Messenger of Allah and upon his family and his household. O Allah! There is no ease except what You have made easy, and You ease the difficulties if You Will.Oh Allah! Show us the right as right and make us follow it,and show us the wrong as wrong and make us avoid it. O Allah!Guide us to the what (people have differed in) by your Will. Verily You guide whom You will to a straight path.

When the problems started in [the city of] Orim, I went to Abu ‘Umar al-Tunisi, as he was the Commander in-charge of operations in Orim al-Kubra. He was gathering his soldiers to attack and raid ‘Fawj 46′ [old military base where the Mujahideen were now stationed]. I met him, and it was a very uneasy and tense situation.I tried to understand what was happening, why they [Jama'at al-Dawla] were attacking, and also what the reason was. However,he started accusing me and screamed at me:

"How could you cooperate with the Free Syrian Army (FSA)?! You are with the Murtadeen! You are protecting the Murtadeen! You are standing with the Murtadeen!"

I asked: "What do you mean by ‘Murtadeen'?"

He said: "How could you take ‘Baya'a' from the FSA, from Abu Jalal?!"

A long discussion then happened between him and I. I wanted to stop that battle, to preserve the [Muslim] blood but they [Dawla] insisted on continuing it –I couldn't stop the fighting.

I told him: "I want to see your commanding officer." He sent me to Abu Osama al-Maghribi. Now of course there was arrogance and smugness.I stood at the door, waiting for Abu Osama al-Maghribi to meet me, for three hours.

By then, of course, it was extremely late. During the evening, a brother came and entered to meet Abu Osama and sat with him.The mere thought of stopping the battle didn't exist. We tried to communicate with the leadership in Dawla but we could not.

Very late that in the night we were able to communicate with Abu al-Ather. I met him with a delegation of brothers. He was extremely convulsive and angry. We entered to meet Abu al-Ather, me and the brothers, and talked with him about ‘Fawj 46′

I told him: "Let's consider that it's over. You attacked the barracks; you took the weapons and the ammunition. Let's cease firing and stop it to preserve the [Muslim] blood and to prevent the fitna from getting bigger, and stop the killing."

Now until that moment there weren't any sisters kidnapped, imprisoned, raped… Even until now it has not been affirmed, and such claims are not verified or true [that any sisters were taken or raped as a result of these clashes], but I am talking about during that visit [in specific], nothing [like that] had occurred.

He [Abu al-Ather] was extremely angry. He was talking on the radio to someone and said: "Order all those on the front lines to withdraw. Today, I want to break into al-Atarib [a town near the base]; I want to wipe them out!"

I said: "Fear Allah! How can you want to bring the soldiers who are on the front lines [against the Syrian regime] to fight a group part of FSA? If the army comes in, it will rape the women, and kill everybody, [those from] Dawla and the other than them!"

He said: "Let the army enter and rape the women!"

I said: "Fear Allah! What you said is not permissible."

He said: "Let the army enter and rape their women. Let them go and defend their women."

I tried to talk to him, to make him understand; however, I did not find him to be a responsible person, nor does he deserve to be in a position of authority, carrying the responsibility of the Muslims, their blood and their honour.

I said to Abu al-Ather: "We [Jubahat al-Nusra] have a base in Fawj [46]. Don't you know that we are based there?"

He said: "Yes, we know"

I said: "Didn't you see the flag of Jabhat al-Nusra over the barracks. Don't you know that there is a battalion which gave their baya'a to Jabhat al-Nusra, and our brothers are there, and there is an Islamic advisor there teaching the brothers there?"

He said: "We know that."

I said: "So you know that there was Jabha in the Fawj [46]?"

He said: "Yes. Those that were Jabhat Al-Nusrah gave Bay'a to us, and now they have become Dawla."

I said: "How? I do not understand you?"

He said: "The person who had given the Bay'a to you, after a week they gave the Baya'a to us, and he is my old friend and we were in many battles together. We were shocked when we discovered that he gave the Bay'a to Jabha, so I sat with him and did not leave him until he gave the Bay'a to the Dawla."

I said: "Subhan Allah! You blamed us for taking Bay'a from this brigade and considered them FSA and ‘Murtadeen', and [accused us] of ‘helping the "Murtadeen"' and that we have allied with the ‘murtadeen' .It turns out that the same person was your friend, and you took Bay'a."

He said: "He is my old friend and still is."

I said to Abu al-Ather: "Now if you stop the battle all the battalions in FSA are ready to cease fire, and the terms are to withdraw from Fawj 46.

He said: "We will not withdraw, and we will not take one step backwards!"

I said: "[Not even] to preserve the blood, the blood of our and your brothers, the blood of the Muslims?"

He said: "Now we will gather all the soldiers from the front lines and attack the base and eradicate them"

Of course on the next day we went to Abu Osama al-Maghribi. We tried to negotiate ceasefire, as he was the one responsible for that area militarily, we said: "How did you attack the base and our brothers were inside and you killed them?"

He said: "We don't know that your brothers were inside and we didn't know that there were Jabha [there]"

I said: "How? The flag was there?"

He said: "We attacked during the night. We didn't notice the flag."

I said: "Our brothers were there. No one talked to them. No one informed them."

He said: "No the attackers were all non-Arabs and don't speak or understand Arabic, and they entered during the night and killed the people who were inside. Things worked out that way…It is a small issue anyway."

I was among the delegation which was striving for a ceasefire between Dawla and the other armed groups. We couldn't reach a commander in Dawla who is a decision-maker, until we reached Abu Ali al-Anbari. We asked him for a decision-maker, he said: "I'm a decision maker and my decision is binding to everyone in the Dawla, even al-Baghdadi."

We said: "Good. We have a representative from each group." Al-Jabha was given authority by some parties to represent them in negotiations. We talked a lot with Abu Ali al-Anbari, but we didn't reach a resolution. We said to him: "Be careful now, the people have revolted against you."

He said: "No, they didn't revolt; on the contrary the people love us."

I said: "You don't know what is happening in reality. The people have taken up arms to fight you."

He said: "We will fight whoever carries weapons against us."

I said: "The armed groups [Mujahideen] and the people, and those who have claimed that you have done injustice towards them."

He said: "We will fight them all. We will wipe them out. We will either eradicate them or they us! We will eradicate all who take up arms against us, against the Dawla…" During his speech he was repeating: "They are Sahawat. They are Murtadeen. We will exterminate them!" And we left the meeting with him, achieving nothing.

We came to discover that he is not a responsible person, someone in such a high position (the second man in the Dawla) wants to exterminate the people. Wanting to exterminate all those who carry arms against Dawla.

Even when the mediator says to him: "All the groups and the battalions will succumb to an Islamic Court."

He replied in front of me, and Allah is witness to what I say: [He said:] "When we finish [killing everyone], then let there be an Islamic Court." His speech and declarations prove that he is an irresponsible person.

They [Dawla] use the youth and the Mujahideen in battles against the fighting groups (both the Islamic and the un-Islamic groups) and the Mujahid has no value according to them. They consider the Mujahid as a person who came to die so [let him] go and die.

I went with some noble brothers to ‘Umar al-Shishani, trying to reach a ceasefire agreement. We had a lengthy meeting with him. It was a very exhaustive session, and we finally reached a ceasefire agreement, on the condition that Dawla stops its [transgressive] behaviour, and on the other hand, we tried along with all the fighting groups, to stop the fighting and then take the case to an Islamic Court after the cessation of hostilities. After the establishment of an Islamic Court, there would be a judgement regarding the disagreements and the conflicts between all sides.

I said to ‘Umar al-Shishani: "We want to authenticate this agreement, to make the other groups believe us." Of course, he agreed even though most of his assistants around him objected to that and they were very agitated that we sat and authenticated that agreement. And it was an agreement between the General Military Commander [Leader of Military affairs] in Jabhat al-Nusra and the General Military Commander in Dawla agreeing to a ceasefire in all places that there was infighting between Dawla and other parties.

And we asked him: "Is this agreement binding to Dawla?"

He [Omar al-Shishani] said: "Yes, it is."

And a brother that was with me said to him: "Was what you said binding upon the Dawla?"

He [Omar al-Shishani] said: "Yes it is a binding agreement upon the Dawla everywhere. I am the Military Commander of Dawla and this agreement is binding upon al-Dawla."

Of course, ‘Umar al-Shishani, was in hurry to apply the cease fire, and said to me: "When will the ceasefire start?"

I said to him: "I need to reach the leadership and inform the rest of the battalions and the groups."

He said: "That needs [a lot of] time. We need to hurry up."

I said: "This needs at least two days."

He said: "No, this is too long. You must hurry, brother."

I said: "At least two days. I can't [do this] in less than two days, I have to inform the central command in Jabhatal-Nusra, then the rest of the groups about this agreement."

He [Omar al-Shishani] was encouraging me to expedite things. There were with ‘Umar al-Shishani some who objected to the idea, and they were encouraging him to fight and not to stop and to not agree on anything.

On the next day, as a sign of their good intention [sarcasm intended], they sent a car bomb to Anadan and a Military convoy [raiding party] to Minbij. I don't know who is the decision maker in Dawla — an agreement to a ceasefire [was reached] and on the very next day, car bombs and attacking villages. The agreement was nothing except ink on paper, and we couldn't reach a single leader who makes a decision in the Dawla.

We were unsuccessful in reaching a man of authority in Jama'at ad-Dawla, who will strive to achieve a ceasefire and to preserve the blood of Muslims and the blood of our brothers. Subhan Allah, we were assiduous to preserve the blood of Muslims and the Mujahideen from amongst Dawla and the others.

We tried in several areas to achieve a ceasefire. Even when the FSA came to break into al-Sinaeya [industrial city], we heard that Dawla retreated from their bases, so we sent brothers [from Jabhat al-Nusra] to ensure that the brothers entered to one of their bases carefully.

There was no one inside, except planted mines and explosives. He returned and told us about that so we sent a brother who was an explosives expert who defused it. They had placed barrels of TNT and behind it barrels of chlorine. If those barrels exploded they would produce the deadly gas of chlorinate.

There were civilians and women and children in Al-Sina'eya [industrial city]. If those barrels exploded, it would have been a massacre, and it would have caused the death of many women and children who were evacuated from [other] cities and were taking refuge in Al-Sina'eya [industrial city]. Everyone would have died. Laa hawla wa laa quwata illabillah. [There is no Power or Might except with Allah]

As for the car bombs, I myself saw the operation of al-Moshat. A car bomb came and the operative detonated it at the gate of al-Moshat. The second car bomb, the operative detonated himself inside the village of Fafen, before he got out of the village and before he reached al-Moshat. A driver of a third car one-hundred meters behind the second, blew himself up in his car beside the gas station.

The two cars were exploded inside the village amongst the civilians, and there were no [soldiers there] neither from the FSA nor from Jabhat al-Nusra, nor from any other group. The two cars were exploded within the village. I saw that with my [own] eyes and the remains of the explosion and the destruction are still there until now for all those who want to see. Hasbuna Allahu wane'ma al-wakeel.

As for my meeting with Abu al-Ather and Abu Ali al-Anbari and ‘Umar al-Shishani and the car bombs in the village of Fafen and the barrels of chlorinate in Al-Sina'eya [industrial city], I make Allah the Witness that I observed that by myself, and Allah is Witnesses on what I said…


©  EsinIslam.Com

Add Comments

Comments & Debates :-: التعليقات والمحاورات

:-: Go Home :-: Go Top :-: